- HS2 PHASE 1 ENVIRONMENTAL STATEMENT "SUPERFICIAL AND INCOMPLETE"
- JURASSIC TREE THAT WAS BELIEVED EXTINCT SEEN AT USK BEAUTY SPOT
- LANDSCAPE CONTRACTOR CHOOSES ETESIA FOR ALL GRASS CUTTING OPERATIONS.
- SMALLEST SHOW GARDEN EVER FOR BBC GARDENERS WORLD LIVE
- APL MEMBERS SET TO SHINE AT RHS CHELSEA FLOWER SHOW CENTENARY.
- RIVERS ARE COOL WITH TREES
- SISIS BRUSH-PRO CHOSEN BY LEICESTER CITY FC FOR REGULAR MAINTENANCE
- SOUTERS COMPLETE 'GREEN'PROJECTS FOR UNIVERSITY
- WALES LOSES ITS OLDEST OAK TREE, THE PONTFADOG OAK.
- HAT-TRICK OF AWARDS FOR EDEN FLORILEGIUM SOCIETY MEMBERS
- BLOOM - IRELAND'S TOP FLORAL, FOOD & FAMILY FESTIVAL RETURNS! BORD BIA LAUNCHES BLOOM 2013.
- VOLKSWAGEN COMMERCIAL VEHICLES UK. CADDY VAN
- View all 267 Featured articles
The Environmental Statement on the HS2 route between London and the West Midlands, published by the Department for Transport this morning is "superficial and incomplete" says the Woodland Trust. Sue Holden, Woodland Trust Chief Executive, said: "This is the first time since this controversial project was proposed that the environmental impact of the first phase of HS2 has been scrutinised but the document is incomplete, with crucial ecology surveys and assessments outstanding.12 hours ago
A species of tree that was believed extinct and known only in the fossil record, the Wollemi Pine, has been planted in the arboretum at Woodland Trust’s Cefn Ila wood, by Lady Diana Hayman Joyce, to commemorate her recent term as the High Sheriff of Gwent and Her Majesty the Queen's Diamond Jubilee. The earliest traces of the Wollemi Pine, or Wollemia nobilis, have been found in fossils from the dawn of the Jurassic period around 200 million years ago. But in 1994 a living specimen was discovered by a field officer of the Wollemi National Park, 150km to the north-west of Sydney, Australia.4 days ago
Designed to meet the rigours of a wide variety of commercial grass cutting applications, Etesia’s Pro 46 pedestrian rotary mower is specified by contractors who want to profit from grass cutting. Reliability of mowing equipment is essential for this work which is why one Sussex landscape contractor chooses Etesia for all grass cutting operations. Green Grass Services, set up by John Vincent five years ago, specialises in grass cutting and landscape maintenance in the south east of England. In over 30 years of working within the industry John says that there isn’t a pedestrian mower he hasn’t used. The company ensures that there is always an Etesia mower in their fleet of maintenance equipment and has done for over twenty years.5 days ago
The RHS Chelsea Flower Show is 100 years old in 2013, and members of the Association of Professional Landscapers (APL) will be taking part in the historic celebrations by showcasing the best examples of horticultural excellence, design and landscaping at the landmark event which takes place from May 21 – 25 2013.6 days ago
A County Antrim river has a new natural ally. Over 2,000 native saplings now dot the banks of the Glendun River in the scenic Glens of Antrim, not far from Cushendall. The trees have been strategically planted in order to deliver a multitude of benefits, with improved water quality high on the list.7 days ago