Want to get news alerts delivered direct to your inbox?Edit your email preferences
1) First pick some nettles, don't forget to wear your gloves.
2) Break up the nettles so that they are partly shredded.
3) Put the nettles into a water tight container, weigh them down so that they won't float. A brick or broken paving slab is ideal.
4) Fill the container with water and leave to brew for a few weeks. It is a good idea to put the container at the bottom of your garden as the resultant brew really pongs.
5) After three to four weeks the liquid nettle fertilizer solution is ready. It is very strong. Dilute it at a rate of one part nettle solution to ten parts water (1:10) and use as you would any other liquid feed.